Sunday, December 18, 2011

DIY Snowflake Garland



























My husband Geoff, stepson Elliott and I made the most simple and sweet snowflake garland this week. I tried making cutout snowflakes a few weeks ago thinking I knew how but then, to my suprise, I realized I really did not know after all.

Well, I ran across this fabulous post on creating snowflakes so I used it for some help. I did cut out step 5 though as it made the snowflake sorta hard to cut, maybe it's because she was using junk mail and magazine paper and I was using used scrap computer paper. Also, it wasn't necessary for us to have the snowflakes be as intricate as the poster's was (and we were working with a 6 yr old and the dexterity skills are sometimes lacking :). So basically we did step 1-4 then cut off the top and cut away along the sides.

Then, I simply ran a string on jute twine in the holes cut in the snowflakes and hung along our mirror. Came out really fresh and sweet looking. Super easy way to get some festive home decor!

No comments: